Saturday, September 18, 2010

Whodathunk?

I have just realized why I haven't gotten but four hours a night for the past three nights. Blaming it on the over tired monster just didn't make sense when after three two hour naps my four month old just won't sleep.

It would make a mechanical engineer say "What the fuck?" but us mothers just keep trying new things. Swaddle here, music there. Add a bit of light, make a black hole out of your child's room. Sway for hours, sing for hours, accompany your child's crying with your own whimpers. Then you give them pain meds and everything seems clear.

Teeth suck. Not only do I have an ill placed hatred of my own teeth I am now starting to hate the unseen teeth in my child's mouth! Half way through my two root canals and I just can't bring myself to say "I'm so glad I've spent years eating crappy junk food and forgetting to brush just so I can get two fake and perfectly white teeth out of it.", to be fair it wasn't my teeth's fault. But I am not above saying it was the high fructose corn syrup's fault!

What gets me about this whole thing is that I didn't even connect the dots from upset sleep and uncomfortable feeds to teething. I just assumed it was because she was tired. We all know that when we are tried we get upset easily and want nothing to do with nipples (at least my first boyfriend was that way).

My daughter is asleep, so why am I still awake, typing away as if I have had wonderful sleep for the past week? The answer to that is simple- because I haven't had any sleep in the past week. Everyone knows that you go insane with lack of sleep. Why would a sane person be typing right now instead of sleeping? That has no answer... good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment