Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Water

After being absent for ten days I am back. It is an epic story of my leave. It included battles, laughter and fear of what a certain 6'3'' man would do to me if I had, in fact, broken his prize possession (mostly the last one).

It started off as any other day. I had found myself on the computer and proceeded to neglect my child for a few minutes. Of course this was after an hour of reading the same book ten times, offering three different kinds of breakfast and negotiating the removal of a poopy diaper.

Sitting happily at my husband's lap top, while I allowed the television to parent for me, I poured myself a tall glass of water. Breastfeeding makes you thirsty! It was placed securely beside me while I happily danced my fingers across the keys. They clicked with happy chatter, it was my happy alone moment.

Then suddenly an evil demon took over my body. I watched in horror as my hand tipped over my tall glass of water. Time slowed and water engulfed the happy keys. And dammit, there was a demon, I don't care what my husband believes! It had nothing to do with the fact that I am clumsy! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

While holding the computer upside down to let the water slowly drip away from the keys and down my arms, my son walked over and said very seriously: Oh God. My thought: Your father is going to kill me... and he's going to make me feel really bad about pouring water on his computer...

Luckily, the computer just needed to dry out for a while, and I'm back! Ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment