Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Birthday

My daughter is turning One in a week and I couldn't be happier.  Every mother sees their child's first birthday as a wonderful milestone.  It's your baby growing up, bittersweet in the greatest way.  Of course I am not every mother.

I am so excited that my daughter is turning one because there will be cake, ice cream and I now don't have a baby anymore!  That's right!  I have a toddler.  Yes, toddlers are a rough period too.  Yes, I still have diapers to change.  BUT there is no more formula, the bottles are on their way out and we'll soon hear more words coming from her.

Who wouldn't be excited about connecting with their child on a social level?  I watched as my son grew but his expressions never changed and he didn't seem all that interested in us.  My daughter is walking now and she stands there pointing at everything around her.  She'll bleat out as she points and look to me for my response.  How awesome is that?!

As you may have already guessed I am also excited that I will never be pregnant again, I will never give birth again AND I will never have a baby again.  Ahhhh, those three phrases brought together make my whole body relax.

Now, let's just keep the grand babies from coming for a VERY VERY long time..... How about 25 years? I think at that point I MAY be nostalgic for those poopy, crying, gooy, helpless beings again.

Maybe 45 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment