Thursday, May 12, 2011

Hair cut

I have a rule for myself, I will spend an outrageous amount of money on a hair cut because I have hair that seems to hate me.  If I don't get it cut by a good stylist it seems to have a mind of it's own and decides I don't need to look attractive or my own age.

It's almost as if I am sending my hair to a boot came for disrespectful teenagers.  It's the last resort when my hair gets out of hand.  When it gets back there are praises and oos and aahs.  I am gorgeous no matter what I wear and a perfect mother to boot!

Of course when I have a haircut by a bad stylist I get the outrageously annoying flips and curls which seem to pop out of nowhere.  After watching this girl butcher my hair a few days ago I feel out of touch with myself and want to eat marshmallows and sleep for hours.  I look like a tub of butter and smell like that creepy guy who happens to stand too close to you on the bus.  It's bad.

I went in and my normal stylist had called in sick.  They said I could make another appointment or have this girl "Andrea" cut it for me.  (yes, I'm using her real name because she sucks and I want people to know she does.)  I thought, there is no way my stylist would suggest someone who wasn't up to par with herself- well apparently it wasn't my stylist who suggested this girl but the "Salon".  Two minutes after sitting down and being as specific as I could be about what I wanted, this valley girl proceeded to tell me two things which should have made me walk away: 1) she hadn't done all her work at beauty school and 2) she was dating the salon owner's son... ya, at that point I should have stood up and walked out.

Instead of going with my instincts and running away, I sat there and watched as this woman gave me bangs.  I had hair almost to my shoulders and I wanted the back spikey and the front long to my chin.  You know one of those freakin awesome cuts that makes you look like a superstar?  Ya, like that.  I also mentioned that I don't style my hair in the morning.  I'm just lazy that way- oh and have two children.  After she had given me long bangs and what I would call "woman sideburns", she looked at me and very seriously proclaimed "Now, you WILL have to style this."

I have one thing to say- screw you sweetheart!  I do have an appointment with my stylist on Friday but don't have much hope of her being able to save what has been done... perhaps we can just shave it off, it's Buddha's birthday this weekend, perhaps a monk look would fit right in during the parade?

So, I will now be a walking reminder that 80s hair was awful then and is now.  I hope someone gets enjoyment out of seeing my crazy mop cause every time I see it in the mirror all I want to do is ask the fat woman for directions... cause she looks like she's been here a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment