Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My New Toddler

My Daughter is one today.  She is sleeping as I type and is super sick.  Poor thing has a bad virus and so do I!

It's interesting to think that this has been a year long journey of being a mother of two.  I remember when my first's birthday rolled around and I thought "Well, there's one down..."  At this point I don't really know what to think, other than when can I take more pain meds?

She is different than her brother ever was.  More interested in the world around her and the people in it.  She is more interested in the noise something makes when it hits the floor and she always looks to us for approval.

I even caught her dancing the other day.  She has this toy she can push a button on and music will start (I'm sure there are a bazillion toys out there like this).  She was pushing the button, swinging her arms around, the music would end then she would look at me with a huge smile and clap joyously.

This seemed almost impossible.  I thought to myself, "this child can't be dancing."  When I watched and she did the exact same thing about four times in a row, I had to agree that she was actually dancing!  My baby is dancing.  What else could a mother ask for?

(a sick mama could ask for some pain killers)

No comments:

Post a Comment