Monday, March 14, 2011

Hair Cut

Who would have thought giving your child a hair cut would be so traumatic?  After two weeks of trying to get my son's wild hair under control, we did the unthinkable two nights ago.  We actually had to hold him down to cut his hair.

I wouldn't have cared as much except he refused the candy we promised him if he let us cut his hair.  The whole thing was a stupid idea, but we've done it so many times you would think this would be routine!  This was the first time he FREAKED out about us touching his hair.  And it was only after half of it was cut, oh imagine an opposite mullet.  Very unique.

I often wonder if symptoms of Austim show up slowly.  If so, we're in for more exciting times to come.  Both my husband and I turned to each other when the cut was finally finished and agreed never to cut his hair again.  We could go to a salon and see if he would go for it there, if not, then we're letting his hair grow.  He'll just have to become part of a hair band.

Which, if you think about it, wouldn't be all that bad.  At dinner last night he was drumming the table the way my father (lifetime drummer) does constantly.  Perhaps my son will become a drummer for an up and coming band.  Or will grow old with three different drum sets to play on when ever he likes.

Either way, we learned something about my son this past weekend.  The lesson was well ingrained in all of us.  Don't touch the kid's hair.... period.

No comments:

Post a Comment