Thursday, March 24, 2011

I'm tired

Why is it that every morning I wake up and want to go back to sleep?  You would think I would be full of energy to get my son out the door and off to school as quickly as I could so "me time" would start sooner rather than later.  Sadly, it just doesn't work that way in my house.

I can imagine mothers everywhere wondering how other mothers do it.  Wonder how they get through the day without konking out at the computer xxzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

But seriously, there is mother's day.  We should salute every mother on this day.  I think instead we find ourselves being mothers.  I often dream of getting breakfast in bed and not having to get up to make it.  It would be rather enjoyable to sleep until the sun comes up.  Oh the joy of seeing a sunrise.  When was the last time I didn't see one?

At present my husband is painting a panda bear on my son's wall.  I had a short nap this morning after being up with a sick nine month old and forced myself to get up so I could help him paint one wall tan.  As a mother I felt it my obligation to push to get it done today.  I tried to get it done a couple of days ago.  Ya, that didn't work either.

So, here I am covered in paint because my son's room looks like a hospital ward room after taking down all the breakable pictures.  We've made the rule in the house that our son can throw balls in the house, but only in his room.  It seems to be one of the few things he "needs" to do, so I'm thankful for that.  But I do it for my child.  I just hope he remembers years down the line how awesome his parents are...

No comments:

Post a Comment