Monday, March 28, 2011

TV in bed

I am not a fan of letting my son watch too much tv.  It just doesn't seem to help him do anything but stop bothering me.  We don't like plopping our son in front of it and walking away.  BUT- there are moments when it seems like the only thing I CAN do...

Examples
1) Trying to get my 10 month old to sleep
2) While I clean the dishes I need for dinner which I am told must be made asap, or the world will end.
3) When I am having a "I wish I believed in spanking" moment
4) Illness... like today

We are sick again!  And not only that, it's during spring break so that makes it that much more special!  I get to clean up puke and try to get liquid into a 3 year old while my 10 month old giggles and blows raspberries at us.

My husband put the tv in our son's room because he wouldn't stay in his bed.  Makes sense to me.  Of course I can't say it's just because of that I am happy the tv has moved.  I am now sitting in my empty living room as my sick son watches Super Hero Squad and my daughter naps.  It's quiet and I'm able to unwind from my weekend of the same illness....

So, it's my daughter's turn to get sick.  That will be fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment