Thursday, March 17, 2011

Illness

ya, we are sick... and what I mean is that my children and husband have been sick for the last week and are now finally on the mend but I am getting the hard hits.  Being the mom sometimes sucks.

I started getting sick when the kids started getting sick.  My husband had what I would call a 12 hour cold and I have never had such gunk in my throat before!  Bleck!  So, after a week of nursing the children it is now time for my immune system to essentially fall down and let the goo take over.

That may be an over statement, but it still sucks!  My three year old is moving in the direction of no nap and my nine month old has decided that 45 minutes of a nap is long enough to get through the day.  I, on the other hand, have been exhausted since I gave birth to my son over three years ago.... No, wait, it was about three months before he was born that I got my last full night sleep.  Either way, I have to coordinate the naps very well to get any kind of sleep.  Yesterday, I actually got 20 minutes with the house quiet.

It's mostly my fault though.

What bat crazy woman takes on waking up in the night to take care of BOTH children and wakes up early to feed them both breakfast?  I have an answer, but you may not like it.... the one who's married to the guy who gets home at 11pm from a service industry job where he must be chipper and helpful to all paying clients, whether they are jerks or not... (that may also be an over statement)

So, we all get sick.  This is due in part to my son starting school this past January.  Every two weeks we get sick.  All of us.  Although it takes me an extra three days to get better, I get about a week of feeling like myself when the next illness comes to smack us all upside the head.  Of course the up side to this (told to me by friends of older children) is that the immune system is learning aswell at this age.  So, any illness they get now, the immune system will learn how to fight it off and it will take MUCH less time next time they catch it.  So, woo!  In another three years my son will stop getting sick every two weeks.... man....

I've got to look into paying another kid to get sick for my son....

2 comments:

  1. We are on this exact same sickness cycle. Sucks! It goes the same way here...my daughter is over it in 3 days and mine lingers for 7-10 days. I'm familiar with the whole immune system thing...still waiting for that to kick in and she's 7.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooo, that sucks. I'd send some immune system back up for you but we're using it all over here ;)

    ReplyDelete