Wednesday, April 20, 2011

6pm Bedtime

You wouldn't think that such a crazy idea would work, right?  Well, it actually has been pretty good lately since I pushed the bedtime back to when most people are arriving home from work.

The hardest part is the fact it's so bright outside!  Who in they're right mind would think "NOW would be the best time to sleep" as they look out at the bright beginning of the evening and children frolicking in the green grass?  Apparently I do.

After three weeks of blissfully waking after 6:30am I don't think I'll be able to go back to waking at 5 again.  Of course there have been the night wakings.  Once in a while I have both kids up at the same time and wonder if it is a good idea to put them down so early.  Then I put my head down and wake up after the sun has risen, ahhhh, so relaxing.

To be fair, I have an earlier bedtime too.  Instead of waiting for hubby to get home I will lay my head down and go to sleep at about 9pm.  Really, this is a big deal to someone who stays up voluntarily until midnight at the earliest!  So, you'd say I am giving myself the same restrictions.  I do get exceptions though!  Like: cleaning the kitchen... ok that's my only one but it's a good one and has to be done on a daily basis.  So I just try to make the kitchen as messy as I possibly can so I can stay up, (and thus have gone to bed at 9pm once in the past two weeks).  Easy schmeesy!

... of course that does mean that I am cleaning the whole time, which isn't the desired past time of many.  But man, if you were a neat freak and wanted the best way to full fill the dream- I've got it!

Ha ha!  Suckers! ..... wait....

No comments:

Post a Comment