Thursday, April 7, 2011

Brazil Shootings

I am of the generation who were in High School when the Columbine shootings happened.  I remember the day it happened.  We at school were all huddled in front of televisions watching the events unfold on the news.  I believe most of the day we were in our home rooms and didn't do much else.  Lots of us were called home by our parents and many more refused because they wanted to be with their friends.  I could understand that.

What I still, to this day, do not understand is the hate some feel.  Enough hate or anger to hurt others.  How could anyone believe themselves worthy of the task of taking lives, when those lives were so young?  Honestly, it isn't fair.  I can't find a reason for it.  There is no answer other than anger and hate took hold when it shouldn't have.

I am a Buddhist.  I believe that when your heart stops beating you suddenly understand life and why we live it.  I can only hope that these souls do not feel the fear of the unknown and realize how much they are loved by the world.  Every child is loved, we should let them know more often.

Incense for the lost and their loved ones suffering.  13 shot and more wounded.

News article

No comments:

Post a Comment