Monday, April 4, 2011

Perpetual Motion Toys

...and where to get them!  I'm not totally sure if I should be getting something like this for my son, but I'll tell you, I think it will help him.

I watch as he stares into spinning toys in toy stores or at the children's museum but I don't have anything that at home.  It may be enabling to get him something he'll get lost in.  Perhaps every professional on the planet would tell me I'm crazy and to get him away from the stimuli instead of force it upon him?  I guess I could retort with knowing that it's an obsession and thus the need for it (you wouldn't take away his hat he needs to sleep, would you?).  The need to relax and the lack of stimuli that do it for my son in the house just makes bedtime and mornings awful.

... and why is it he keeps getting up at 5am and seem wide awake?  I know I'm not!  Something I hope will help him stay in his bedroom and relax is this perpetual motion desktop thingy....

It took me weeks to find it.  It took me seconds to decide I want it NOW!  I am posting a site that I believe has the best kind of fidget stuff EVER!  The best part is the videos for almost EVERY fidget toy so you can see how it works and if it's what may help relax you or your child.

I have been to specialty stores all over Chicagoland and this website is the only thing I've found useful.  If you've been looking for what I have, than you'll be super excited you found it!! Enjoy!

Office Playground, Astroid Perpetual Motion

No comments:

Post a Comment