Saturday, April 2, 2011

Head First

So, I may have jumped the gun when I said I wanted to donate ribbons for everyone to wear at the Children's Museum.  The ribbon itself costs $5 for 10ft!  So even if half of the people there wanted a ribbon that would be at least 40ft... hmmm, should really have thought that through.

But I bought 20ft of ribbon and have it safely high on a shelf.  It's amazing how everything important or sharp is so high.  I make the joke that when you come to my house to remember a tall person lives here.  So always check top to bottom cupboards if you're looking for something.  Makes me laugh.  Some of my guests have just looked at me confused and my sister even said "Why do you keep saying that?"....

Guess it isn't as funny as I thought, heh.  So, part of me wants to rewind what I promised and just show up with a lovely sign that says "Autism Awareness", but I assume that won't happen.  If they decide they want the ribbons I don't really know what the F I'm gonna do.

I could sell my first born?  Of course he's the reason I am pushing the awareness in the first place... wait!  I've got a great idea:

"Autism Awareness Raffle!  Prize: One Three Year Old.  A chance to feel what it's like to have an autistic child!"
... ok, maybe not....

2 comments:

  1. I want in on that raffle :) I'm also with you on the April Fool's tie-in...why couldn't they have just chosen a different month so the parallels weren't so obvious? Happy WAAD! That just does not sound right....

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... WAAD wouldn't have been my first choice ;)

    ReplyDelete