Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Buddhist Easter

It was only this past Friday that I realized something was happening this weekend.  When my son's bus driver said he would see them next week it made me wonder what was happening to him.  We got into the house and I glanced at the calendar.  Good Friday was tomorrow!  My first thought: What am I gonna do with my kids tomorrow?

The fact that I had a full 8 hours of entertaining my son seemed daunting.  I would have to take them somewhere.  It would be raining so the options were: Zoo, Children's Museum or a Toys R Us.  The Zoo has this great children's zoo inside and there are lots of activities to do and animals to see without going into the rain.  The problem with the Zoo is that I have to leave the stroller outside and I didn't want to carry my 20lb daughter as my 3 year old runs around.  The children's museum seemed the best choice cause we are members and it wouldn't cost us a thing to go.  The toy store just didn't appeal to me.  I like spending my money on candy, but would prefer it be candy for myself.

So instead we spent Friday sitting on the couch watching movies.  My son wasn't taking my bait of a gummi worm if he got in the car.  There we sat, almost as in some artistic movie... staring at each other.  Bored out of our minds.  Couldn't even get some alone time as my son wouldn't have a nap on Friday.  Of course I didn't try all that hard but I did ask him timidly if he wanted to have a nap.... that counts, that totally counts!

Anyway, here is to my Buddhist Easter!  I hope you all enjoyed yours :)

No comments:

Post a Comment