Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools

I realized something today.  April is Autism Awareness Month and April 2nd is Autism Awareness Day.  It suddenly made sense when I thought about it this way:

You give birth to a seemingly healthy and disability free child...
Then-
April Fools!  YOUR CHILD IS AUTISTIC!

April 2nd: After you have recovered from the shock the next day you start to learn more about Autism... and will for the rest of the month (or in this analogy, your child's life) :)

I think I'll make an autism bag with the puzzle pieces fabric of the ribbon.  Found some online.  A little treat for me.  Don't usually make stuff for myself as I look at it and say "I really should have given this to someone."  I'm totally sure why I do that... perhaps next year I'll make a bunch of totes and hand them out to friends and family.  That would make me feel like I'm spreading the word.

Ribbon,

Awesome Bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment